It is our privilege to introduce children to God’s love and purpose for their lives using solid, Biblical teaching resources.
Kids Connect | Children ages 4-11
Group time includes singing action songs, Bible story time, acting out the story, games, watching engaging video clips, learning Bible verses, and coloring or crafts.
On the Sundays this ministry is provided, the children are invited to go to Kids Connect just before the sermon. Please pick up your child as soon as the service concludes.
Youth Connect | Youth ages 12-19
Special events and ministry times for youth are announced in advance during our services.
The first Sunday of every month is Family Sunday at NDIC. Each family gets to experience the entire worship service together. An object lesson or puppet skit is one special feature of this service. Activity sheets and writing or coloring instruments are provided for parents to use with their children during the sermon time. The Beginners area is set-up for parents to use as needed for their little ones (babies through age 3). Parents are asked to decide whether their children are ready to participate in taking communion which is shared at the end of the service.
If your child participates in one of the groups we ask that you help your child understand that he/she must:
- Stay in the activity room except when he/she is with you.
- Respect the leaders and other children by listening and following instructions.
- Exhibit proper indoor behavior:
- walking, not running
- talking, not shouting
- being careful in the coffee/tea area
- Stay safe by remaining with parents when the children’s program is finished.
To protect your own child and all the others in our care, we cannot take children into the group areas who have had any of the following within the last 24 hours:
- Fever (koorts)
- Conjunctivitis (bindvliesontsteking)
- Mucus from the eyes (slijm uit de ogen)
- Diarrhea (diarree)
- Congested cough (bronchitis-achtige hoest)
- Clear or green mucus from nose (loopneus met slijm)
- Vomiting (overgeven)
- Impetigo (krentenbaard)
- Contagious skin rashes (besmettelijke huiduitslag)
- Pink Eye (oogontsteking)
- Any other contagious condition (elke andere besmettelijke conditie)